A Belgian couple decided to treat themselves to an outstanding tailor-made journey to Bulgaria.
Anastasia called us on time – we had booked a time slot on the website – and asked us a series of relevant questions about our specific needs and interests. Within half an hour, we built together an exclusive trip customised to our preferences.
We explained that we had in mind a short 5-day trip during the summer, including outstanding services that would not cost us a fortune. We wanted our journey to be relaxing and cultural at the same time.
Anastasia recommended that we spend some time in the Bulgarian capital, Sofia, as well as in the 2019 European capital of culture, Plovdiv. Private city tours with a guide speaking our mother tongue would be arranged to explore each city. We would also stay and relax on the road between the two capitals in an amazing spa complex surrounded by vineyards. We would rent a car throughout our journey, but the daily drive would be relatively short, not exceeding two hours a day.
In addition, she suggested us having two memorable experiences: an open-air opera taking place in an ancient Roman theatre and a hot-air balloon private flight above the Rose Valley.
Concerning accommodation, we stressed that we wanted to stay in high-end hotels if possible.
Anatasia emailed us a detailed description of our tailor-made holidays and a quotation the following week. It included all the elements we discussed and agreed upon during our call. She also provided us with useful advice to purchase our flight tickets.
As a result, we approved and signed the quotation electronically and paid a deposit. As soon as we booked our air tickets, we forwarded our flight details to Anastasia so that she could arrange a smooth transfer from the airport. We were looking forward to our romantic holidays!
Two weeks before departure, we received a comprehensive travel book setting out the complete itinerary by email. It also included many other things, such as travel advice and recommendations of restaurants and Bulgarian cuisine.
Thanks to a specific reference number sent by Velstana, it was also available online via a link and on a handy free app – that can even be used in offline mode – available for iOS and Android devices.
Price and services for this outstanding journey: €960 per person
- 4 nights (breakfast included) in premium double room or suite of high-end hotels
- Private transfer from Sofia airport to the hotel
- Car rental for 4 days (SUV with automatic gearbox) with third-party liability insurance and standard coverage in case of damages and theft (CDW and TP) + car delivery to the hotel
- Private city tour of Sofia with a French-speaking guide
- Private city tour of Plovdiv with a French-speaking guide
- Guided tour of the winery and tasting of 5 selected wines
- 70-minute massage
- Hot-air balloon private (VIP) flight
- Travel Book accessible anywhere, anytime, including a one-of-a-kind itinerary
- Flight tickets
- Car fuel and security deposit for the car rental
- Additional car coverage (on request)
- Lunch and dinner
- Travel insurance